So, here's mine:
- Can identify lice on a child's head with impeccable accuracy, both the eggs and the bugs themselves.
- Can go for 8 hours without using the bathroom
- Have Knuffle Bunny, Noisy Nora, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and The Recess Queen memorized.
- Can perform The Tooty-Tah and Alphady without needing Dr. Jean's CDs.
- Able to make a parent feel like their child is the most important child in the world.
- Can fill five-ten minutes of unplanned wait-time at a moment's notice when there are 20 children staring at me, wanting to be entertained.
- Can identify between a child who really needs to use the bathroom and one who wants me to think they really need to go to the bathroom.
- Willing to rescue children who managed to climb too high on the playground and cannot get themselves down.
- Sing "Going on a Bear Hunt" whenever walking through the woods with a class.
- Able to make any child feel like what they are telling me is the most important thing I have ever heard in my whole life, even when they are just telling me that they went to Chuck-E-Cheese (again) over the weekend.
- Possess Gumby-like flexibility skills that allow me to organize meetings and plan class activities at a moment's notice.
- Able to read most kindergarten and first grade developmentally appropriate spelling, even if the child has a learning disability that impacts their ability to hear sounds in words.
- Able to write paragraphs of strengths on any child in any subject matter, no matter what the child's abilities are. (Try me)
- Strong knowledge of children's literature, which allows me to pull books out of the air when the class needs to have a class meeting on bullying, making friends, the loss of a class pet, understanding that we are all different, etc, etc.
- Actively seek advice from anyone and everyone.
- Able to sports-cast an all-classroom clean up as though it is an Olympic event.
- Able to channel Viola Swamp at a moment's notice, and then can immediately switch back to being Miss Nelson.
What are your secret teacher talents? I'm memeing you:
Let us know your hidden talents, and meme 5 other talented teachers.